Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Provision

On my birthday, I received a phone call from a friend for whom I used to babysit. She had had a garage sale that day, clearing out her childrens' clothing, and wondered if I would like to go through the remaining boys clothes and find some things for Edmund? My mom and I went over yesterday and she showed us into the garage. There were so many adorable things, it was like walking into a children's boutique! (A very hot, muggy children's boutique with bikes and cars all around us, but nonetheless...) :-P I came away with two large bags full of high-quality 12 month to 2T sizes, which will go a long way toward clothing Edmund through the rest of the summer, fall, and (hopefully) winter. Not only that, but her tastes in children's clothing are similar to mine (classic and traditional). God is good!

Edmund's new clothes
[Doesn't this look like the perfect outfit for a boy named Edmund?]

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

4 comments:

  1. Love that outfit, especially the vest. It almost looks homemade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply charming!! I would love to see a photograph of your handsome little boy in it! :)

    Your new blog design is lovely! And I adore what I can see of your outfit in your avatar! It looks like something I would wear. :D

    (bye the bye - I signed into my old blog so that I could comment - my present blog address is under my name. :D)


    To the KING be all the glory!
    Rebekah

    Blog: http://donotgrowweary.com/blog/

    "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure. It's so hard to find traditional things in the sea of ugly Disney clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name Edmund and I can't think of a more perfect outfit for such a child!

    ReplyDelete