Thursday, May 5, 2011

Edmund's reading nook


Edmund's reading nook
[Edmund catches a rare shaft of sunlight in his reading nook this morning --
we have been having the most dreadfully dreary spring!]

Edmund has developed a real love of books already, for which I am thankful. Almost anytime he sees Douglas or me sitting down, he'll bring us a book from his shelf to read to him. Some of our favorites right now are the "Little Golden Book Classics" vintage reprints, especially the titles that are illustrated by Tibor Gergely. His artwork has that late '40s/early '50s charm and there is always a lot to discover within each picture. Edmund's personal collection includes The Little Red Caboose, The Fire Engine Book, The Happy Man and His Dump Truck, and Scuffy the Tugboat.

5 comments:

  1. We love those books too! My 5 year old loves books. He started sitting and looking at books when he was a year old. His 3 year old brother is a busy guy, but he still loves having me read to him...and I don't think I'll ever grow out of reading children's books ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, that is the most beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! What a blessing that he is developing an early love of the written word. He has good taste in books already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how big he's gotten! I love the little vintage Golden books too- they are my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete